HERE IS A "GUIDELINE" TO FOLLOW WHEN PLANNING YOUR BIG DAY.
*This is only a "guideline".
10-12 Months Before:
- Pick out the engagement ring (if not yet selected).
- Announce your engagement.
- Discuss wedding plans and budget with fiancée and all parents.
- Select your best man, groomsmen, ushers (one usher per 40 guests).
- Help plan engagement party.
- Discuss ceremony and reception sites, with your fiancée.
- Attend a Bridal Show to receive special discounts and start getting some ideas.
8-9 Months Before:
- Meet with officiant (minister, priest, rabbi, etc.) to discuss the ceremony.
- Start compiling your guest list. Nicole's Bridal can help with deciding on and ordering your invitations.
- Begin making your honeymoon travel plans.
6 Months Before:
- Visit gift registry with fiancée.
- Arrange for transportation to ceremony, and to reception, for the wedding party.
- Complete your honeymoon plans.
- Register with Nicole's Bridal and pick out your tuxedos and accessories. If you live out of town/state but are getting married near Jamestown, ND we suggest utilizing the Tux Builder App or go to
any Tip Top Tux location and they can get all of your information to us! Have a list of attendants including Best Man, Groomsmen, Jr. Groomsmen, Ring Bearer, Fathers, Grandfathers, Ushers (one per 40
guests), and a list of any other attendants.
3 Months Before:
- Send measurement information to any out-of-town members of the wedding party. Measurements can be called, faxed or entered right here on our website.
- Complete the guest list.
- Pick out and order wedding rings.
- Pick out and order groomsmen gifts...Nicole's Bridal can help with this too!
- Plan rehearsal dinner with parents.
- Choose gifts for your bride and wedding party. We have a LARGE selection at Nicole's Bridal.
- Update passports for honeymoons abroad.
1 Month Before:
- Make sure all men have been measured for tuxedos at Nicole's Bridal or a reputable Bridal/Tuxedo Store.
- Get your marriage license.
- Make appointments for personal grooming.
2 Weeks Before:
- Attend bachelor party (please don’t drink and drive).
- Adjust insurance policies, bank accounts, utilities, etc.
The Week of:
- Pick up your tuxedo at Nicole's Bridal… remember, try it on, in the store, to insure a proper fit.
- Pack for the honeymoon.
- Get cash for gratuities and officiant’s fee.
- Take a deep breath… you’re almost there.
- Enjoy your rehearsal and dinner.
The Big Day:
- Double-check all details, wedding rings, and transportation… marriage license.
- Get to the ceremony on time.
- Relax and Enjoy your wedding!
The Day After (or scheduled return time):
- Return the tuxedos to Nicole's Bridal.
- Drop off the brides gown to be cleaned and preserved at Nicole's Bridal or ANY dry cleaning service.